28 April 2011

easter weekend


We went to Canberra for the National Folk Festival for the Easter weekend.
It's a festival of folk music, dancing, tasty food and rockin' hippy clothing.

Lucy was pretty good for the most part. It was really strange being back at the festival with a baby. I got really good at the public feed. Lucy was fed in concerts, in front of fireplaces, in corridors and in the car. I think she really likes Folk music. She mostly slept in concerts. We went to a Joni Mitchell covers concert and she just lay back and swayed to the music. Or was that me swaying?

There were definitely moments of overtiredness and overfolkmusicness. On one of the nights our little girl had just had enough. Yes, there is such a thing as too much folk music. She also had a rather precious moment after church at the Pancake Factory on the Sunday. It was one of those days that looks cold outside but then turns hot. I had rugged Lucy up for a cold day and she got hot, hungry and had a messy nappy. She was pretty inconsolable. (Not really what you want in a restaurant) Thank God for my lovely Myl. He walked round and round with her till she calmed down enough for a feed. It was such a scary sounding cry. It made me feel really out of control and embarrassed to have the whole family witnessing what I felt was my inability to effectively mother. EUuuugh!
I think having a generally happy baby makes me really freak out when she does cry like that. It's hard not to feel like I have done something horribly wrong when Lucy cries.

Oh my. This outfit does not match at all. Sorry little girl your mama is not so great at fashion.

All in all we had a lovely weekend. It was nice to have so many family members only too happy to have a cuddle or walk around with our little girl. Mum (above) especially liked it when people asked her about "her" baby.

It was a nice weekend for baby's first holiday but I was pretty glad to get home. There is only so much out and about an almost 4 week old and her post c-section mama can do.

No comments:

You might also like to read...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...