01 August 2011

dear Lucy

It's been a while since I've written you a letter.
Yesterday I was watching you sleep beside me.
You had just eaten and had fallen asleep in pure bliss.
I feasted my eyes on your sweet full cheeks
your lip crumpled up,
your dimpled chin,
your little whisps of blonde hair.
I listened to you breathing.
Every now and then you would take a big deep breath
your face would change but then back into a
happy dream you would go.
I love you my little girl.
I love feeding you and cuddling you
and watching you grow.
You are such a funny happy little one.
It makes me think you love me too.
You bring new joy into my life every day.
You are getting so much bigger and now you
chatter away to me and sing with me.

I can tell that we are going to be good friends.
But I'll always be your mama.

No comments:

You might also like to read...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...