07 August 2013

stretching



We lost the little one at the shops today. I was feeding smalls and Myl was looking at things with her in target. All of a sudden she wasn't there. After a frantic search of the store we found her in the arms of a lady who had brought her back from the other end of the shopping centre level. She had run out right past where I was sitting. 

Our girl has been extra spirited lately. More running, more no's, more questioning, more opinions. It's quite a challenge. I look at smalls this tiny baby who needs everything done for her then I turn to this big girl starting to find her way in the world.

Stretching. Learning. Growing.

The thing about stretching is its what you do right before a big bout of exercise. It feels a bit sore as you pull and push muscles you haven't used for a while but you know it's worth it when you get down to business and find your muscles work a whole lot better. 

I can see when she says "no" she is learning her boundaries. I can see her running and exploring the world outside the security of mama and dada. Her wild behaviour will teach her how to use her voice and her body and I will teach her the joy and beauty in control.

She is being stretched and so am I as I learn to mother this child who is no longer a baby. While she still needs me to meet her physical needs, she now needs me to teach her about the world and her place in it.

I'm stretching. Learning. Growing too.

No comments:

You might also like to read...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...