09 October 2013

bread


Lu is especially fond of what is known in our house as a bacon roll. It's a bacon and cheese roll but that doesn't slip off the tongue quite as easily.

They're a shopping treat or a college bread box treat. But the other day we had no bacon rolls.
So we made some with the help of our friend Jamie Oliver.

I've made bread a few times before but enjoyed it so much more when I could watch little hands kneeling the dough. It was lovely to teach my little girl the magical properties of yeast and watch her eyes widen as we opened the oven to find seven freshly baked rolls.

We had no bacon so just made cheese rolls but I feel like bread baking may just have to become a weekly activity. I think it's good for the soul.






The green ones have dollops of pesto in the middle. Delicious.

No comments:

You might also like to read...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...