01 December 2010

Oh the burn


This morning I woke up with heartburn.
I had a bit of it before but now it is back with a vengeance.

It's really painful and I have had pretty regular bursts every five or so minutes.
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to get my thyroid results so I'll ask her about it but I found a few helpful tips.

1. Eat smaller and more frequent meals. In stead of three big meals eat six half size ones throughout the day.

2. Don't eat before bed.

3. Avoid fatty/spicy/acidy/tomato foods.

4. Don't stress.

5. Drink a small glass of milk with honey in.

So on this very rainy first day of summer I'm gonna take it easy with my wonderful husband and try get rid of the burn.

3 comments:

nico said...

Oh, heartburn is the worst. I would be in tears some evenings with the horribleness of it.

I found a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a small glass of warm water, half an hour before a meal, helped a lot. You can mix honey in if you like, it's gross at first but you do get used to it pretty quickly.

By about 7 1/2 month I ended up totally upending my meals and having a big breakfast, medium lunch, and light dinner (usually porridge or cereal). A glass of milk here and there soothed things down and kept me from going hungry too. Just make sure you don't drink milk within 1 hr of taking your vitamins or eating red meat because it will stop you absorbing all that much-needed iron!

Hope it gets better you poor thing

x

sevencherubs said...

I feel like I have spent the past 10 years dealing with heartburn. All of my kids have been born addicted to mylanta :) supercute blog!

Unknown said...

I thought I was going to be one of the few lucky ones who DIDN'T really have to deal with this unfortunate pregnancy symptom... but the last few days, I've been struggling with the WORST heartburn.
I haven't found a magic cure yet- but I plan to ask my OB Thursday if there is anything safe to take during pregnancy.
And not eating before bed is not an option for me right now- I literally HAVE TO or else I can't sleep because my body goes into starvation mode and my stomach starts eating its own lining {or so it feels}.
Here's to hoping we BOTH find some relief!

You might also like to read...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...