21 September 2010

Birthday Post

It was my birthday on Wednesday.
It was a long day.

It started with some coffee (Hot Choc for me) with some friends at 7 30.
Yes getting up at seven is early for me.
How things will change when the little one is here.

When I got home Myl had a surprise adventure for me.
We got on a bus to a mystery location.
The Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages!

Photobucket

While we have been married for well over a year we hadn't gotten our actual marriage certificate yet and in order to change your name you need to buy a special certificate not just the one you get on the day.
So we got it. And now I'm officially an Elton.

Photobucket

Then Myl took me (pregnant lady) on a wild goose walk around Chippendale/Ultimo/Glebe.
I had no idea where we were going. We turned up at the Broadway shops and I got a free Boost Juice for my birthday. We then went to the cinema and watched Tomorrow When the War Began.
It was still only 10am.

Photobucket

After that he took me to a surprise lunch. It was going to be Yum Cha but the picture on the front of the restaurant made me feel a little queasy so we went to Chinatown instead and had a lunch special.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After lunch we walked down to Darling Harbour and went to the Chinese Gardens. It is such a beautiful and peaceful place.
Myl made me get dressed up in these Chinese clothes and took my picture around the garden. I looked quite un-chinese but it was fun.

Photobucket

We walked round the harbour and saw some sweet little baby ducks then we caught the tram home.

I had a 20 min power nap before going off to nanny and then we had bible study.

It was a really nice Birthday.

No comments:

You might also like to read...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...